Foureyes is a category-creating software company that uses a unique dataset to help businesses track, protect, engage, and sell better. (See more at foureyes.io.) Already rapidly-growing, Foureyes is continuing to dominate as evidenced by exponential growth and winning awards from the 2020 Company of the Year from Technology Association of Oregon to Most Innovative Solution of 2020 from DrivingSales. We are currently looking to add a Director, Software Development to lead the development team.
Curious? Sounds like you’d fit right in. We want to hire smart people who like to work, love a challenge, and want to be a part of something special. As many business owners can attest, the digital age has dramatically changed customer expectations and the role of sales. Foureyes supports smarter sales and marketing with technology built on our patented sales intelligence platform, Foureyes®.
The Team Balancing good humor and exceptional output, the Foureyes product team focuses on employee fit, doing high quality work, and celebrating each other's wins. It's through this environment of cross functional collaboration between product managers, designers, and developers that we keep a rapid pace of innovation that responds to the needs of our users. We are hiring a Product Engineering Director to support the growing development team.
The selected candidate will lead our team of back end and front end software developers. Your role is focused on management and mentorship, tracking progress of builds, resource allocation, development process improvement, and measurement and team accountability. Although this position will not be expected to develop code, you should be technical enough to brainstorm and troubleshoot issues with a developer or Product Manager and be able to review a developer’s code and provide feedback. You should have a strong operational mindset, be process-oriented, and highly focused on implementing systems and frameworks that set the team up for success and growth.
In this role, you will be responsible for the following:
- Management & mentorship. You are responsible for creating and fostering a culture of continuous learning and collaboration for developers. You are responsible for developing pathways for more junior developers to grow into mid and eventually senior developers. You are responsible for evolving the role of your senior technical leads to ensure their continued growth and development. You are responsible for evaluating the performance of employees based on their progress and providing ongoing, constructive feedback to aid in their growth.
- Process: You are responsible for defining the development methodology and processes for the team aimed at building quality products, removing obstacles, and increasing velocity. You are responsible for evolving and iterating on those methodologies and processes as it makes sense to improve the team’s performance and to ensure seamless delivery of work
- Standards, Measurement, & Accountability: You are responsible for establishing standards for quality management and holding the team accountable. You are responsible for determining how we should be measuring things like velocity, quality of code, and system performance and putting a system of measurement in place.
- Leadership & Collaboration: You will partner with Product Managers, Software Architects, and tech leads on your team on technical solutions to advance product roadmap priorities. You are expected to help size, scope and shape work at a high level before all requirements are known.
- Project Management: During builds, you are expected to keep the project moving forward and dealing with any setbacks that prevent that. You are responsible for identifying problems, raising red flags, and proposing solutions.
- Hiring & Onboarding: You are responsible for hiring employees for the development team based on their skills and onboarding them successfully onto the team.
You are an ideal fit if you:
- Are passionate about finding ways to unlock talent on your team and getting the best work out of people. You know when to push and when to pull. You support your team through honest and continual feedback. You listen deeply to your team and those you work with.
- You feel job satisfaction in fostering a team environment that creates excellent work, even if you don’t have your hands directly in the code yourself.
- Collaboration is your middle name. You can partner with many types of people across roles. You can see a situation from all angles and find compromise as it makes sense, but aren’t afraid to weigh in with your recommended approach.
- You love problem solving, whether its troubleshooting an issue with a developer on the team or working with product management to determine the best way to move forward on a new feature.
- You have experience leading a large development team and implementing change that led to positive outcomes for the people on that team, the product the team is building, and the company overall.
- You are organized and have a strong attention-to-detail. You enjoy ensuring the train stays on the tracks, keeping people looped in to progress or obstacles, and working to ensure seamless delivery of work.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Budget management experience
- Strong internal communication skills
- Strong project management skills
- Analytical mindset
- Problem solving
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 5+ years of experience as a Software Developer.
- 5+ years of experience leading and managing software teams
- Competitive salary
- Health, dental, vision, 401K-matching, generous PTO, commuter & cell phone benefits, Employee Assistance Program, paid family leave, life insurance, & pet insurance
- Community service and professional development opportunities
- An awesome job that can grow with you
- A team environment with no egos or politics
- A creative, fast-paced environment with no shortage of fun
Equal Opportunity Employer
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Adpearance and Foureyes are dedicated to providing a diverse and inclusive workplace, which includes unbiased recruiting, hiring, and employment practices. Applicants and employees are treated with respect and provided opportunities – free of discrimination of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital or parenting status.
Foureyes/Adpearance is not currently sponsoring work visas for this role. Authorization to work in the U.S. is required to be considered.